Sunday, March 30, 2008

On Rugs and Evangelists

One of the strange things about my house is the fact that there is only carpet in the bedrooms. The kitchen, hallways, bathrooms, living and dining space all have tiled floors. Nice and new tile, but still tile. I've seen other houses down here that were configured this way but don't remember ever seeing a house in the Valley without carpet, so maybe it's a regional thing. Anyways, I prefer walking on carpet, so one of the things I paid for as part of this week's Weekly $200 was a rug. I think it really ties the room together, to borrow a line from a great movie.

I also had my first run-in with door-to-door Jehovah's Witnesses yesterday. You'd think they wouldn't spend much time in what is likely a heavily Catholic neighborhood, but I guess they figured (and figured correctly) there'd be at least one godless heathen around. My dad was at the front door scraping some old paint off the door frame, and the evangelists asked to speak to the homeowner. They were fairly insistent on speaking to the homeowner and no one else. After they left I turned to my dad and said So I guess you weren't worth saving then. You'd think they'd want to talk with anyone who'd listen to them. But I suppose door-to-door evangelism's never been the most rational thing in the world, especially when those most likely to engage in it don't like it done to them. Kinda puts the whole Do unto others... bit into perspective, doesn't it?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

IRRATIONALITY GALORE ---

SUMMARIES OF 1000 JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES LAWSUITS & COURT CASES

The following website summarizes over 500 U.S. court cases and lawsuits affecting children of Jehovah's Witness Parents, including 350 cases where the JW Parents refused to consent to life-saving blood transfusions for their dying children:

DIVORCE, BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS, AND OTHER LEGAL ISSUES AFFECTING CHILDREN OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

http://jwdivorces.bravehost.com


The following website summarizes over 500 lawsuits filed by Jehovah's Witnesses against their Employers, incidents involving problem JW Employees, and other secret JW "history" court cases:

EMPLOYMENT ISSUES UNIQUE TO JEHOVAH'S WITNESS EMPLOYEES

http://jwemployees.bravehost.com

3/31/2008 6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home