Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Meeting a Fellow Escapee

Experiment with Stick Figure Comics #2:

That was an almost verbatim conversation I had with a co-worker who moved down here from Fresno. Clearly I'm not the only person who disliked living in the Valley.

That said, my feelings about the Valley are slightly more complex than I hate it and am glad I moved away. There's people who live there I miss, I miss the foggy winters, and some of my best memories were made while in the Valley. I suppose those halcyon times will always make part of me wish I still lived there, even though I know the reasons I don't want to live there are far better than any reasons to move back.

Memory can be funny like that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Forrest said...

it would mess up your 1-column layout a bit, but consider making your previews just a little bigger? It'd be nice to be able to read them directly inline.

7/31/2007 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home