Saturday, June 24, 2006

Entering the 21st Century

Today I got what was supposed to be my graduation gift: a Canon 30D digital SLR. Admittedly I haven't used it much, but my god. The thing takes beautifully crisp photos. It replaces my previous camera, a quite capable Canon EOS Rebel Ti.

I like film. It has served me well these past 5 years. But the thought of instant feedback to see what works and what doesn't gives me hope that I'll be able to more quickly improve as a photographer. The thought of being able to instantly change between low-light and high-quality film appeals to me, as I often times find myself without the correct film in my camera for the situation. Plus taking pictures is free; I can take as many as I want without worrying about wasting film and spending money developing bad photos. The only thing I need to worry about is filling up the 4GB CompactFlash card I bought to go with the camera. As it holds approximately 500 photos, I don't think that'll be a problem.

Honestly, film didn't stand a chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home