Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Spring Break

Ah Spring Break. A time to relax. Kinda. The plan was to come down to Vista and look for an apartment for me down here. For those who don't know, Aperio, the company I interned for and work for part time, offered me a full time job after I graduate. So the folks and I came down to look at apartments. The plan was to do that until today, then possibly spend some time at the Getty, then go home.

Apartment hunting went well I think, though it'd be nice if apartments were cheaper down here. $1000 for a one-bedroom is pretty expensive, especially since one can get a two-bedroom for $500 back home. Some places are a bit cheaper, but they're in shadier neighborhoods. I currently live in a slum; never again will I do so if I can afford to live elsewhere.

Yesterday I get a phone call from my boss, asking me if I'd be able to come down for a week to work. I call him back and tell him I'm already in Vista. He seemed pleasantly surprised. So over I go to work to catch up on things. Of course this means that I'm going home on Friday instead of today. But I don't mind. It's nicer down here than it is in Hanford. Which is good if I'm going to live down here long-term. Plus they're paying for the expense difference.

Oh, and I passed all my classes and got off AP. One more final and a senior project to go....

2 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

congrats, but your presence will be missed. Hanford will miss you. Probably more than you will miss it, but nevertheless...

$1000 for one bed? As Martin would say..."daaaaaaaaaaamn gina!"

3/22/2006 5:02 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

I keep picturing you bellowing out Sober in my mind...and it is truly an amazing sight ;) If we ever do create a band you will definitely be the vocalist.

3/31/2006 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home