Sunday, February 26, 2006

Score!

So many of you know of my desire to build a kegerator. Yesterday I came one step closer to achieving that goal. Forrest forwarded me a freecycle add for a free freezer, knowing that I was in the market for one. I called the guy on Thursday, and we set up a meeting for Sunday.

On Friday, he called me up, saying that his dad had some old kegerator stuff and asked if I was interested in taking it. I said I was. Suddenly, the deal was sweetened.

My parents were down for the weekend, so they went up to Atascadero with me to help me load the freezer. Unfortunately, the guy called me while I was driving up, telling me that the shelves were part of the refrigeration system and were therefore not removable. So I couldn't use the freezer. But I still took his CO2 tanks (including a regulator) and a very old tap. I don't know if the tap will work, but I'm pretty sure the tanks will. Just quickly checking google, it looks like tanks start at $50. Regulators cost about $40. Now if I can just find a freezer...

5 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

can you explain to the ignorant what exactly a kegorator is?

2/28/2006 10:11 AM  
Blogger Forrest said...

keg + refrigerator = kegerator. A refrigerator with a keg inside and a tap on the door. Essential for the beerophile.

2/28/2006 12:02 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

lol. beerophile. I love it.

3/01/2006 11:22 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

I demand more cosmo updates!

3/06/2006 2:43 PM  
Blogger Aaron *@ said...

You'll get one as soon as I'm not so busy that I'm praying for the quick release of death.

3/06/2006 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home