Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Aaron vs. The Party Keg

So We're sitting at Splash, enjoying a nice dinner, when the question of what to do on this Halloween night comes up. Forrest gets the idea that we should do Century Club (or, rather, that I should do Century Club). I tell everyone that I won't do it by myself, and we eventually come up with a compromise acceptable to everyone. Forrest will do a half shot of wine every minute, I'll do the traditional shot of beer, and Jerry and Catherine will do a sip of wine. Our plan for the evening clear, we head off to Trader Joe's for provisions.

When we get to Trader Joe's, I see this. It just screams at me. Really, it's the perfect size for Century Club. So I get it. Forrest gets some shitty wine, and Jerry and Catherine get good wine. After making a couple other stops for a shot glass and the Blues Brothers, we make it back to the apartment.

I wrote a quick and dirty shell script that made Dominique say Drink every minute for 100 minutes. I didn't really want to use a stopwatch since it makes it easier to lose track of time. We start the movie and the script, and it's off to the races. I take my first shot.

I bought shitty beer. This is going to be a long night

Forrest is none to happy with his wine. We switched it up once, and I could see why. Goddamn was it horrible. But, we're in this too deep, we have to do it. Dominique coldly and mercilessly tells us to drink every minute on the minute. After about 30 drinks or so, I'm swearing at her at the top of my lungs every time she says the dreaded word. She cares not. After about 60 or so I start getting really belligerent. It's getting hard to pour the shots. I don't know when it was that I started missing them when they were called, but I eventually did. I eventually started chugging the beer whenever I felt like it instead of drinking when that bitch Dominique told me to. Eventually I could no longer do it; I walked. But I made a valiant effort. I drank the whole keg with the exception of about 2 glasses. If there's a next time, I'll make it.

After the drinking, it was decided that we go to Jack In The Box and Taco Bell for drunken munchies. Apparently I tried hugging everyone on the way over there and back. I also kept swerving into the road, which is a bad thing. But we made it over there safely. I apparently went into the women's bathroom when I needed to use the facilities, not realizing that it was the women's bathroom. I also apparently stared at this girl's ass for 30 seconds to 2 minutes, depending on who you ask. I fell down. A lot. When we made it back to the apartment, I fell in the bushes in front of the living room window. When I saw them this morning, they were annihilated. Oh, and Forrest and I got into a punching contest which ended when Forrest punched me in the balls. Yeah, I didn't enjoy or appreciate that. When I actually got back into the apartment, I passed out in my chair. Everyone decided this was a bad thing, so they walked me to my bed. When I woke up this morning, I couldn't find my glasses. Hopefully they're around somewhere.

Update

Catherine was kind enough to take pictures of the event. She's posted some of them at her Flickr account.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

aaron...you ever wanna do it again and i dont have to be anywhere i'll join you. sounds fun :)

11/02/2005 7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home