Saturday, October 15, 2005

Weirdness

So Everyone (AKA The Gang) is sitting peacefully in the in the living room last night when there's a knock on the door. I answer it and am greeted by an obviously drunk guy who's telling us about this party across the way. Now this came as no surprise; after all, we could hear this thing going on from where we were sitting. He invited us all over, which we kind of declined a few times. After a couple other guys from the party came over and persisted, I decided to go over and drink some of their booze. After all, isn't it the neighborly thing to do? So I went over there, grabbed some of their shitty beer, and watched some people play Beirut. It came to pass that the people playing finished, and it was decided that I needed to play. We were doing fairly well (thanks to my mad Beirut skills), when Jerry appeared. At this point, the guy on my team decided to stop playing, so Jerry played in his stead. Having never played before, he didn't do so well; and we lost the game. At this point, Forrest and Catherine made their appearance. But it was really humid in there, so we all took our leave right after the Beirut game ended.

But none of this was the weird part. The weird part was that I left relatively sober. Shall we contrast this to the last time I played Beirut, where I woke up with wet pants, a sore knee and a burning desire to know exactly what the fuck I did that night. I had no desire to get drunk. At all. It's very much turning into a been there, done that sort of thing, which is bizarre and confusing. I also turned down an offer to do Century Club, which probably would have left me in fairly decent shape but was still something I had no desire to do. Are the days of Drunk Aaron gone? It's hard to say, but I think you'll be seeing him less and less.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

Hey look at the bright side--at least you'll actually remember all the nights out w/ people ;)

10/17/2005 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home