Monday, September 12, 2005

What Religion Are You?

I was bored, saw this religion quiz on Fark, and decided to take it. It lists the religions that most closely match your beliefs from closest to farthest. Results below.

  1. Nontheist (100%)
  2. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (96%)
  3. Unitarian Universalism (91%)
  4. Secular Humanism (90%)
  5. Theravada Buddhism (87%)
  6. Liberal Quakers (82%)
  7. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (82%)
  8. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (77%)
  9. New Thought (75%)
  10. Neo-Pagan (69%)
  11. Bah�'� Faith (67%)
  12. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (67%)
  13. Mahayana Buddhism (67%)
  14. Reform Judaism (64%)
  15. Scientology (64%)
  16. Sikhism (64%)
  17. Taoism (59%)
  18. Eastern Orthodox (54%)
  19. Islam (54%)
  20. Orthodox Judaism (54%)
  21. Roman Catholic (54%)
  22. Hinduism (49%)
  23. New Age (48%)
  24. Jehovah's Witness (48%)
  25. Orthodox Quaker (48%)
  26. Jainism (44%)
  27. Seventh Day Adventist (39%)

The first 2 make sense I guess. It's what you'd expect by answering don't know/don't care to every question about the existence of god and the afterlife. What I don't understand is how Mormonism got on there at all. However, it didn't ask me about my drinking habits (caffeine or alcohol), so it wasn't able to disqualify me based on that. However, I suspect it was due to my answer on abortion. I think that there's some point before a child is born that it should have legal status as a human being. I don't know when, nor do I know how one would determine this point; but it did force me to say that I thought abortion was morally wrong. So, yeah, take the test if you're really bored (like I was), but don't expect it to tell you anything you don't already know (except maybe that you're 67% Mormon).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home