Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Weddings and Birthdays

So this past weekend I headed up to Hanford for Katie's wedding and Lucas's 21st birthday. Apparently we're getting into the schedule of a wedding each August, though I have to wonder who plans on getting married next August. But anything can happen, I suppose. Had you asked me if I thought Katie (or anyone else, for that matter) was going to get married this August, I would have said no. Anyways, the wedding was nice, though it did feel a little weird. I was also disappointed by Katie's wedding vows, where she promised to be submissive to her new husband and accept his leadership of the family. It saddened me that she was so willing to go into the marriage as an inferior, but I guess it was her decision to make. I was pretty upset about this a couple days ago, but I guess time and drink have calmed me down some since then.

After the wedding, some friends and I headed over to Matt's house to play some Halo and eat some dinner. As I don't usually play Halo, I got my ass handed to me.

Sunday was Lucas's birthday party. Unfortunately the party started at 4:00 and I had to drive back down here, so I couldn't stay too long. But I did stay long enough to give Lucas his 90 proof peach schnapps and win some booze of my own by playing some kind of dice rolling game. Good times were had overall. I had a chance to meet with my friends one last time before I had to come back down here.

Well, I don't know what else to say other than to wish Katie and Ben the best with their marriage and move to Chicago and wish Lucas a happy belated birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home