Friday, July 01, 2005

The Grass Is Always Greener...

Whenever I have a conversation with someone I've just met, they invariably ask me about my place of origin (as the lady who lives directly above me did today). I usually either tell people I'm from the Central Valley or from the Fresno area. They often times tell me that it's a nice place and seem taken aback when I inform them that it isn't (for those of you who also hail from the Valley and wish to argue this point, I would remind you that the Valley is hot, barren, and smells like cow). I once heard a phrase that I like to use when speaking about the Valley: it's a nice place to be from. I am proud of the fact that I come from the place that essentially feeds the world, or at least a large part of it. But I can be just as proud by living in the state that essentially feeds the world while avoiding the heat and the cows.

2 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

I'll agree with the heat part, but it can't be that much cooler in San Diego. And it only smells like cow when you go by a dairy silly. And there's nothing wrong w/ that anyway ;) You should be proud to hail from Hanford!

7/05/2005 7:50 AM  
Blogger Aaron *@ said...

It's about 80-85 down here. Not too different numberwise, but it certainly feels quite a bit cooler than 100. And I am proud to be from Hanford. I just no longer want to live there.

7/06/2005 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home