Saturday, June 04, 2005

Last Friday Night of the Year

And what a Friday night it was. Joe, Forrest, Jerry, and I bought a shitload of booze, including some 151, then headed back to Joe's for a little fun. We made flaming Dr. Peppers and got all around drunk. At about 10, we all decided to see Episode III, so we headed over to the downtown theater. Now at this point I was very, very drunk; and I somehow lost my ticket within the 20 feet from the ticket office and the door. I finally walked up to the ticket taker and asked You saw me buy a ticket, right?, to which he replies that he saw me and that I can go in. Nice of him to do that. During the movie, Catherine calls to find out what's going on. I wasn't able to answer the phone in time, so I tried calling her back. Unfortunately, my phone wasn't designed with drunks in mind, so I was having some trouble calling her back. Eventually I called her back, told her what we were doing, then hung up. I walked back into the theater, sat down, and passed out shortly after.

Me after 18 drinks

When I woke up in my bed, I was very confused how I got there. I called Joe to find out if he had my laptop and backpack, and he told me what had happened after the movie. Apparently I did pass out during it, and Forrest had to poke me every now and then to make sure I wasn't dead. When the movie ended, they had to drag me out of the theater, call Andy to get me back to my place, buckle me into Andy's Explorer, and get me in my bed. I apparently threw up some when I got back to my place, and everyone made me drink a lot of water. They stayed at my place for about an hour to make sure I didn't die, and that was that. Class act that was. I appreciate them doing it. Apparently they calculated that I had about 16-18 drinks in that 3 hour period, which turns out to be a BAC of between .23-.27. Perhaps I should cut back on my drinking some.

2 Comments:

Blogger staticfoo said...

"All around drunk" excluding me...

Dude, you should have seen the looks we were getting. And by the way, a plastic bag is not a kleenex.

6/04/2005 2:20 PM  
Anonymous Will said...

Perhaps the best part about this story was that I could picture the entire thing from start to finish. Remember Sanitarium, Aaron? I was the guy who helped you find the restroom after you were looking for it in the curtains. ;-)

6/05/2005 7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home