Sunday, May 01, 2005

Not a Rocky Horror, But a Horror Nonetheless

So Myself, Jerry, Forrest, and Catherine are all kicking it at Catherine's place watching CSI when Catherine gets the idea for us to go see The Rocky Horror Picture Show, which happens to be playing in town at midnight. Now I had never seen Rocky Horror, nor had I ever been to one of the showings of the movie. My freshman year I almost went but decided not to go once I realized it was going to cost $9.00. Anyways, Catherine convinced us all that it was something that everyone needed to do at least once. Since neither I nor anyone else had any real objection to seeing it, we decided to go.

Unfortunately, they had sold out a couple hours ago, so we were shit out of luck. Though we did get to see see some of the people dressed in drag as they were walking to the theater. I don't really understand the draw of that movie, nor do I understand why it's part of the Rocky Horror culture to dress in drag, but that's not relevant to the story. As we were walking back to the car, Forrest gets the idea that we should do something equally as crazy in lieu of seeing the movie. I suggest getting drunk, just as I always suggest; and Forrest agrees with the idea, just as he always does. We think for a second about how to make that crazy, when Forrest says those two fateful words: Hobo wine. For those unfamiliar with the hobo wine concept, I refer you to this informative site.

Our purpose clear, we begin our quest to obtain hobo wine. Unfortunately, these wines are usually only available in bad parts of town. Unfortunately, these don't really exist in SLO. Forrest informs the group that Mad Dog 20/20 is available at Cork n' Bottle, so we head over there and obtain some. Our quest complete, we head back to my place to party.

Mad Dog 20/20This was our adversary for the evening (photo courtesy of bumwines.com). Notice the bling bling in the gold chain on the label. Most booze, even the really bad stuff, tries to take itself seriously. This doesn't. That's how bad it is. We all try some of this stuff and discover it to be a vile drink. In the course of this discovery, someone, possibly Forrest, wonders aloud if the entire bottle we purchased would be enough to get me drunk. I say it isn't, others disagree. Eventually, a bet is made; and I'm told I have to drink the whole bottle in 5 minutes. A simple task, but not really one I'm looking forward to. The timer starts, and I start chugging. I stop after half the bottle is gone. I find this to be a bad idea. As long as I'm chugging, I'm not tasting this blue concoction brewed in the depths of hell (also known as Westfield, New York). When I stop, my mouth is filled with its disgustingly sweet taste. After Ben gets his camera so this event can be chronicled, I continue chugging. I finish the bottle quite easily, as I've chugged many a beverage before. Of course now I taste the wine again, but I can't eat anything for a half hour (condition of the bet). I survive, and we all sit back and watch Firefly to pass the time. Eventually, it gets late, and everyone leaves.

Now I deny that I was drunk. I may have been slightly buzzed, but I definitely wasn't the Drunk and Beligerant Aaron that I transform into after I've been drinking a lot. We'll have to wait until later to see how the results of the bet turn out. Until then, here's some pictures.

me drinking MD

Here's me near the end of my chugging. I look relaxed because I'm not actually tasting the Mad Dog, but I was not enjoying life shortly after this picture was taken once it was all gone.

MD OMT Diagram

Here's an OMT diagram (a software engineering thing for those not in the know) of MD 20/20 courtesy of Forrest. From this diagram, we can see that Mad Dog 20/20 is a child class of wine, which in turn is a child class of beverage. If this were my design, I would have made an alcoholic subclass of beverage, which wine would be a subclass of. But I'm sure space constraints played a part in Forrest's design decision. We can also see that MD 20/20 instantiates an object of type Fortified and is strongly associated with the Ick class. If this were my design, I would have made a Fortified interface that MD 20/20 would implement, but I'm sure Forrest had a reason why he designed it this way.

Update

Forrest tells me it was a UML diagram, not an OMT diagram. But that doesn't really matter that much, OMT and UML describe the relationships in the diagram using the same symbols.

2 Comments:

Blogger Forrest said...

Thats not OMT. Its UML.

5/01/2005 9:49 PM  
Blogger Aaron *@ said...

My bad. They all look the same to me anyways. Will fix it.

5/01/2005 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home