Thursday, March 31, 2005

Hats off to (Katie) Koop

So it was brought to my attention yesterday by the traditional 2 emails from Katie that she's now engaged to her Canadian boyfriend that she met over the Internet. Now I don't know this Ben character too much (The guy she's marrying), only that he didn't get visibly pissed off when the first words I said to him were "Damn, you look a lot like Jesse." (Katie's ex who happens to be a good friend of mine). He didn't get offended by me or preach to me about my sinful ways as some people have, so he can't be too bad. I wish them the best as they begin their journey to spend the rest of their lives together. Though I do hope they wait until they finish college before they decide to get married.

Of course, with this announcement comes the final nail in the coffin regarding the bet I made with Lucas. As much as Ben may look like Jesse, he isn't Jesse. Therefore, this engagement marks the official end of the bet that I had already conceded. Well, technically I suppose the official end will be the day of the wedding, but I don't see the wedding getting called off any time soon. For those not in the know, I bet Lucas a 12-pack of Corona that Katie would marry Jesse. They had been dating for quite some time after breaking up and reconciling over some issue, the details of which I won't go into; and I thought that they would make it all the way. But they ultimately didn't, and it cost me beer. I'm not happy that I now have to pay for beer I won't be drinking, but I suppose that's the way things go sometimes. At least I learned that lesson. I've been 0 for 3 on guessing relationships (though I didn't bet on every one).

And on the note of booze, I would like to remind Katie and/or Ben, if they happen to be reading this, that it is customary for there to be an open bar at weddings. Now, I'm not usually someone big on traditions, but some are too important to forget or ignore. For friends and family of the married couple, it allows them to enjoy the festivities even more than they might sober. For The sad, single people, it allows them to drown themselves happy so they don't make a scene at the wedding. And for those of us who just like the sauce, it's free drinks served in a social setting where it's customary to get drunk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home