Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Finally Done

So after what felt like a rapid eternity, I'm finally done with the quarter. Well, technically I was done at about midnight on Sunday night when Forrest and I finally got the Java project done, but we won't argue about technicalities. I got home on Monday at about 7:00 in the evening, at which point my family and I went out to dinner.

For some reason, and don't ask me why, as soon as I got home I got this sudden urge to port my Java port of the 435 project to J2ME, which runs on my cell phone. You all may call me a sadistic fuck, and you'd be partially right. Fortunately, the port is extremely straightforward; and I find that I'm pretty much copying and pasting all the code, changing Iterator to Enumeration in Vectors, changing add to addElement in Vectors, changing all List references to Vector references, and so on. The graphics part may yield some surprises of its own, although I don't see anything significant coming up in Mancala at least. I apparently incorrectly picked function calls compatible with both J2SE and J2ME when writing the code, although I still would have had to change List and Map references to Vector and Hashtable, respectively. The List and Map interfaces don't exist in J2ME, although it isn't a big deal since all I used in the code was Vectors and Hashtables

3 Comments:

Blogger staticfoo said...

I too must be a sadistic fuck, since I've been thinking about doing the same (I've a new phone in the mail), but before I start on that, I need to get Project 1 checked off.

3/23/2005 6:02 AM  
Blogger Joseph said...

Personaly, I think your both sadistic fucks.
And their is no cure.

3/24/2005 4:41 AM  
Blogger Aaron *@ said...

Yeah, I think our sadistic fuckiness has been well established. Were I not a sadistic fuck, I would never have written this game to begin with, nor would I have ported it to 3 GUI environments. However, I really needed to have a game on my phone that was actually kind of fun. And Jerry, if you're interested, once you get Project 1 done I can give you the modified interface I made for the J2ME port so we can add each other's games to our respective ports.

3/24/2005 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home