Tuesday, February 22, 2005

From the Other Side

Well, I have finally gotten over my caffeine binge. I spent most of the day exhausted thanks to the caffeine sapping all my energy. However, I took a nap at about 6 this evening and felt better afterwards. On a related note, the videos of me going crazy are available here under the *@ trilogy.

I come back from my trip with even less of an understanding why certain drugs are regulated while others aren't. For instance, I can consume roughly 35 times more alcohol than caffeine before it can kill me, yet there are no restrictions on consumption of caffeine, but there are for alcohol. It's one of those ridiculous things that makes very little sense, especially considering that I felt worse after my caffeine bender than I ever had after a night of drinking. Though perhaps that's because I've never crushed a can on my head or thrashed around wildly when I was drunk. I imagine it all comes down to which groups are vocal enough and/or have enough money to regulate a substance. If this is the case, then it stands to reason that there are more or wealthier people who'd like to regulate alcohol than would like to regulate caffeine. That or the people who don't want to regulate caffeine are wealthier than those who do.

I'm going to stop now, because it's late, I want to sleep, and I no longer am sure what point I'm trying to make. Take what you will out of all of this. If you find it insightful, you've probably read too much into it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home